Friday 5 October 2012

Yummy Oreo Truffles!

Yayy! Finally we're getting to the "sweet" part of the blog! I enjoy eating & making everything sweet..and it would be an understatement to say that I have a sweet tooth! My cousin has nicknamed me the cookie monster & I love living up to the name!! haha! So as always I was looking for an easy dessert recipe when someone on one of my mommy-forums mentioned Oreo truffles, & I just knew I had to try them out! This recipe has been adapted from nikki's chef in training page: thanks Nikki for the great recipe! Here's my take on it...

All you need:
1 package Oreos (I used the 176g pack)
2 oz (4tbsp) Cream Cheese
White Candy coating or White chocolate for dipping (I used white chocolate)

How to go about it:
Crush Oreos up finely in a food processor. Save 1tsp of the finely crushed Oreos for garnish and set it aside.
With hands (or a spoon, I just think hands are faster), mash softened cream cheese and crushed Oreos until well combined.
Roll into small balls and place on a wax covered cookie sheet. Put in freezer for 15 minutes.
While balls are in freezer, melt chocolate according to directions.
Pull the Oreo Truffles out of freezer, and dip into chocolate. Garnish with reserved Oreo crumbs before the chocolate sets up.
Let chocolate set, refrigerate and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment